These look great, a fab party food but would also make a handy snack for picnics or outings.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 6 beef franks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 200degrees c. Lightly coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin with non-stick spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, sugar, butter and egg. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon batter into each cup and place 1 hot dog piece into the centre. Place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Strawberry Fizz is a boutique Party Pack website; creating quality, fresh, unique and simply gorgeous party packs. Designed to take the hard work out of decorating for your next party. Visit us at strawberry-fizz.com.au