As you know my madam almost 4 is having a princess party, I have been looking at all things princess!
I came across this and I love it, though I am not doing because A) I do not have endless hours to dye rice pink and B) the most important reason, I am slightly manic and the idea of picking pink rice from all sorts of nooks and cranny's for the next 12 months does not appeal. If you are a more relaxed person than I, go mad!
It would work for so many different themes and I think a rainbow party with rainbow rice would look fab!
- Measure a teaspoon of water in a sandwich bag.
- Carefully drop the food coloring (2-3 teaspoons depending on the colour you want to achieve) into the water.
- Add the rice into the bag.
- Zip the bag or securely tie it. Shake and "mush" the rice into the food coloring water. Make sure that everything gets mixed in.
- Shake it on a wax paper lined baking sheet. You may use a paper plate instead of a baking sheet. Spread the rice or pasta around to avoid clumps.
- Let the mixture dry for 30 minutes before using
Strawberry Fizz is a boutique Party Pack website; creating quality, fresh, unique and simply gorgeous party packs. Designed to take the hard work out of decorating for your next party. Visit us at strawberry-fizz.com.au