Wednesday 26 February 2014

Princess treasure hunt

As you know my madam almost 4 is having a princess party, I have been looking at all things princess!

I came across this and I love it, though I am not doing because A) I do not have endless hours to dye rice pink and B) the most important reason, I am slightly manic and the idea of picking pink rice from all sorts of nooks and cranny's for the next 12 months does not appeal. If you are a more relaxed person than I, go mad! 
It would work for so many different themes and I think a rainbow party with rainbow rice would look fab!



Recipe

  1. Measure a teaspoon of water in a sandwich bag.
  2. Carefully drop the food coloring (2-3 teaspoons depending on the colour you want to achieve) into the water.
  3. Add the rice into the bag.
  4. Zip the bag or securely tie it. Shake and "mush" the rice into the food coloring water. Make sure that everything gets mixed in.
  5. Shake it on a wax paper lined baking sheet. You may use a paper plate instead of a baking sheet. Spread the rice or pasta around to avoid clumps.
  6. Let the mixture dry for 30 minutes before using
 
 
Strawberry Fizz is a boutique Party Pack website; creating quality, fresh, unique and simply gorgeous party packs.  Designed to take the hard work out of decorating for your next party.  Visit us at strawberry-fizz.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment